This website is operated by Japan funbox. (together referred to as the “we”,”us” and “our”)
Article 1 (Membership Eligibility)
“Member” refers to a person who has consented to the Terms of Service, has applied via the Internet for membership to use the Service operated by us , has been accepted as a member by us, and has been granted a member ID.
A member may not loan, transfer, sell, pawn, or allow a third party to use the said member’s membership eligibility.
Article 2 (Modification of the Terms of Service)
The Company may modify the Terms of Service without any prior acceptance notice. If the Terms of Service are modified, all matters relating to the Service shall conform to the modified terms.
Article 3 (Application for Membership)
A person who wishes to become a member (a “Membership Applicant”) shall apply personally for membership via the Internet.
If a Membership Applicant is a minor, the consent of the person having parental authority over the Membership Applicant shall be obtained prior to application for membership.
The procedure for registering a member shall be complete when we accepts the application described in Subarticle 3-1. However, if we finds that the Membership Applicant falls into any of the following categories, We may not approve membership by the Membership Applicant or may cancel a previously approved membership.
- The Membership Applicant is a minor and does not have the consent of the person having parental authority over him/her.
- The Membership Applicant’s eligibility for membership has been voided due to past violation of these terms.
- The Membership Applicant’s details submitted to us upon application are found to contain untrue or incorrect information or are incomplete.
- The Membership Applicant has failed to pay any amount owed to us.
- The Membership Applicant obstructs our operations or provision of the Service or the seller’s (as defined in Article 9) or other third party’s use of the Service or commits an act that leads to such obstruction.
- We deems the Membership Applicant to be unsuitable for any other reason.
Article 4 (Management of Member ID and Password)
A member is responsible for managing his/her member ID and password that we grants to the member following member registration.
A member may not allow his/her member ID or password to be used by a third party or loan, transfer, sell, or pawn etc. his/her member ID or password to a third party.
A member shall be responsible for loss resulting from inadequate management of his/her member ID and password, malpractice during use of the said member ID and password, or use of the said member ID and password by a third party, and We shall not bear any responsibility whatsoever.Use of the Service with a member’s member ID and password shall be regarded as use by that member and the member shall be fully responsible for such use.
If a member’s member ID or password becomes known to a third party, or if it is suspected that a member’s member ID or password has been used by a third party, the member shall immediately report such incident to us and shall obey any and all instructions given by us. If we suffers loss as a result of improper use of a member’s member ID and password, the member shall compensate us for the said loss.
A member is obliged to periodically change his/her password, and we shall not bear any responsibility whatsoever for loss resulting from a member’s failure to do so.
Except when especially approved by us, a member’s member ID and password will not be re-issued.
Article 5 (Modification Etc. of Submitted Details)
If there is any change to details that a member submitted to us upon application for membership, the member shall immediately report such change to us using the prescribed form.
Notifications from us dispatched to a member’s contact address noted in details registered with we shall be regarded as having been delivered to the member on the date on which a dispatch would normally be expected to arrive.
Article 6 (Handling of Personal Information)
We will use a member’s personal information for the following purposes:
- To manage members.
- To sell or provide our or a third party’s products, rights, digital contents, services, or financial products (the “Products Etc.”).
- To plan campaigns and prizes and to conduct questionnaires.
- To issue notifications of matters necessary for operating the Service (including notifications by email).
- To advertise, publicize and market ours and third parties’ Products Etc. (including such notifications by email).
- To distribute the mail magazine.
- To package and dispatch Products Etc.
- To calculate charges and to bill for charges.
- To publish information posted by members.
- To handle various inquiries and to provide after-service.
- To examine and analyze marketing data and to develop new services.
We may jointly use personal information such as a member’s member ID, name, email address, telephone number, zip code, address, purchase history, information . usage history for the purposes listed in Subarticle 6-1.
We shall nonetheless be entitled to provide personal data in any of the following circumstances:
- When the member’s agreement is obtained
- When disclosure is demanded by law, disclosure is requested as part of legal proceedings such as a criminal investigation, or a public institution such as a consumer information center or bar association brings an inquiry for a legitimate reason.
- When Business Partners and the seller (as defined in Article 9) demand disclosure of the country to which a member’s purchased Products Etc. are to be delivered and the language selected by the member for using the Service.
- When required for dispatching Products Etc. or providing services.
- When consigning the whole or part of the tasks performed by us to a third party.
- When disclosing personal information to a business successor in the case that the business is to be taken over through a merger, transfer of business, or other means.
- When allowed under the Personal Information Protection Law or other laws and ordinances.
Article 7 (Withdrawal of Membership)
A member may withdraw membership by following the procedure prescribed by us.
If a member dies, We shall regard the said member as having withdrawn membership at the time of death and shall halt use of the member’s member ID and password.
Article 8 (Suspension of Membership Eligibility and Expulsion)
In the following situations, We may temporarily suspend a member’s membership eligibility or expel a member without giving any prior notification or warning to the member.
- When the member has improperly used or has allowed a third party to improperly use his/her member ID or password and the Service.
- When a member does not pay a charge by the prescribed date.
- When seizure, provisional seizure, provisional disposition, compulsory execution, bankruptcy, or civil regeneration is petitioned against a member, or a member declares such state.
- When a member enters an incorrect password more than the number of times specified by us.
- When a member does not use the Service within the period specified by us.
- When a member has otherwise violated any of the Terms of Service or separate terms.
- When we otherwise deems a member to be disqualified as a member.
Article 9 (Modifications to The Service And Price)
Prices for our products are subject to change without notice.
We reserve the right at any time to modify or discontinue the Service (or any part or content thereof) without notice at any time.
We shall not be liable to you or to any third-party for any modification, price change, suspension or discontinuance of the Service.
Article 10 (Products or services)
We have made every effort to display as accurately as possible the colors and images of our products that appear at the store. We cannot guarantee that your computer monitor’s display of any color will be accurate.
We reserve the right, but are not obligated, to limit the sales of our products or Services to any person, geographic region or jurisdiction. We may exercise this right on a case-by-case basis. We reserve the right to limit the quantities of any products or services that we offer. All descriptions of products or product pricing are subject to change at anytime without notice, at the sole discretion of us. We reserve the right to discontinue any product at any time. Any offer for any product or service made on this site is void where prohibited.
We do not warrant that the quality of any products, services, information, or other material purchased or obtained by you will meet your expectations, or that any errors in the Service will be corrected.
Article 11 (Returns)
Refunds for returns will be limited to the product price only and will not include shipping and handling costs incurred at the time of purchase.
Article 12 (Refusal to Provide the Service)
In the case that a situation described below arises or is likely to arise, We may refuse to provide the Service even if We has already agreed to provide the Service.
- When the whereabouts of the member or the address to which the products are to be dispatched cannot be verified.
- When the carrier does not transport the products.
- When products are halted at customs.
- When the member does not pay the purchase cost etc.
- When we deems that the Products Etc. for which the member has requested a proxy purchase will be difficult to obtain.
- When the member does not pay the Product Price Etc. by the date specified by us.
- When the member does not take receipt of the Products Etc. by the date nominated by us.
- When the member has violated the Terms of Service.
- When any other act that we deems inappropriate has been committed.
Article 13 (Modification and Abolition of Service Details)
We may at any time change or abolish details of the Service without prior notice. Even if a member suffers a disadvantage or loss as a result of the said change or abolition, We shall not bear any responsibility therefor.
Article 14 (Suspension or Discontinuation of the Service)
If we finds itself in any of the following situations, We will in some cases temporarily suspend or discontinue the whole or part of the Service without giving any prior notice to members.
- When undertaking a maintenance inspection or upgrade of the equipment or system for providing the Service.
- When it is difficult to provide the Service owing to a fire, power failure, natural disaster, or system failure etc.
- When necessary services are not provided by telecommunications corporations.
- When we otherwise deems the temporary suspension or the discontinuation of the Service to be necessary.
- We bears no responsibility whatsoever for any and all loss suffered by a member as a result of the temporary suspension or the discontinuation etc. of the provision of the Service.
Article 15 (Prohibited Acts)
While using the Service, a member shall not commit any act that comes under or is likely to come under any of the following descriptions.
- An act that uses the Service for an illegal purpose.
- An act that infringes any trademark right, copyright, design right, patent right or other intellectual property right, image right, publicity right or other right of us or other third party.
- An act that leads to a criminal offence such as fraud.
- An act that uses the Service to impersonate a third party.
- An act that illegally uses ours or other third party’s equipment or obstructs operation of such equipment.
- An act that violates laws and ordinances, the Terms of Service or separate terms, or public order and morals.
- An act that obstructs operation of the Service.
- Any other act that we deems inappropriate.
If we suffers any kind of loss as a result of a member’s violation of the Terms of Service or separate terms, We may claim compensation for loss from the said member.
Article 16 (Affiliate Agreement)
1. Compliance of Regulations
All Affiliates must comply with this policy, as well as all associated terms, regulations, and guidelines.
2. Formation of Contract
By agreeing to all terms and conditions of the Affiliate Partner Policy, a contract is formed between the Affiliate and the operators of this website. Affiliates may use this program
by following all policies.
3. Commission Payment
The Commission paid to the Affiliate each month is limited to the amount of orders we consent at the end of the month. Commission will not be paid for cancelled and refunded orders.The Commission for each Affiliate account is calculated at the end of each month, and will be paid to the Affiliates’ designated PayPal account. If the total commission amount for an Affiliate account does not reach $50, payment will be carried over to the following month.
4. Enrollment and Cancellation
Affiliates must determine their own advertisement needs, as well as the decision to withdraw from this affiliation program.
Affiliates must agree to the fact the we have the rights to cancel affiliate partnership at any time.
5. Rights to Refuse Affiliate Program Partnership
We remain the rights to refuse partnership to those who run inappropriate media as an Affiliate. We also remain the rights to discharge the contract with an Affiliate at any time without prior warnings. The reason for discharge will not be generally revealed to the Affiliate. Affiliates must not enter any demurrer with us regarding our discharge judgements.
6. Liquidation when the Affiliate Program is Cancelled
If registration is cancelled due to violation of the policy, unpaid commission as well as further developed commission after cancellation, will not be paid.
7. Liquidation if the Affiliate Program is Discontinued
If we discontinue the Affiliate Program, we will continue to pay commission for 3 months since the discontinued date. However, if the commission rate does not reach $50 within 3 months after the discontinued date, it will be deemed invalid.
Affiliates must undertake obligations to manage all activates by following their own country laws, as well as the terms and conditions of this policy. If any act of violating the law, or the policy terms and conditions is committed, Affiliates must take full responsibilities and not enter a demurrer with us.
Article 17 (Risk of Loss)
Any merchandise purchased from our Site will be shipped by a third party carrier. As a result, title and risk of loss or damage for such merchandise will pass to you upon our delivery to the carrier. All missing or damaged shipments or items must be reported within 60 days of shipping to qualify for a replacement or refund based on product availability. If the product is available, a replacement will be shipped and a refund will not be issued or considered. Damaged items must be reported and include a photo in the ticket submission. Damaged items will be reviewed by the support agent and a replacement will be issued only for damaged products and does not cover or include packaging of said item. Blemishes to packaging will not be considered as part of a damaged item. All refunds will be at the discretion of customer support.
Article 18 (Billing and Payment)
As a Member, you agree to the following benefits and Terms:
In an effort to get boxes to our subscribers as soon as possible, we begin processing shipments prior to the signup cutoff. As a result, all address updates must be made within 48 hours prior to the subscription renewal date (see “Your Subscription Contract” below for renewal date information) to ensure they are correctly reflected on your shipment. Our shipping service does not include the forwarding of your mail to an updated address. Any forwarding fees incurred will not be reimbursed or credited to your subscription.
Article 19 (Your Subscription Contract)
By purchasing any subscription, you acknowledge that your subscription has an initial and recurring payment feature and you accept responsibility for all recurring charges prior to cancellation. Your subscription will be automatically extended for successive periods, at the then-current subscription rate. To cancel your subscription at any time, you must email support at email@example.com at least 48 hours prior to your next scheduled renewal date, or cancel your subscription online at japanfunbox.com to avoid a charge. All subscriptions are renewed on the same date as you signup. If you cancel, you may use your subscription until the end of your then-current subscription term. We may submit periodic charges (e.g., monthly) without further authorization from you until you provide prior notice that you have terminated this authorization or wish to change your payment method within the 48-hour notice requirement.
If you cancel your subscription, you will not be eligible for a prorated refund of any portion of the subscription fee paid for the then-current subscription period. We reserve the right to revoke your subscription at any time. Returns with the request of a refund will be refunded the paid for subscription cost minus the shipping and is at the discretion of customer support. Membership is void where prohibited by law.
Article 20 (Limitation of Liability)
Neither We nor its celebrity spokespersons shall be liable for any indirect, incidental, special or consequential damages that result from the use of, or the inability to use, the site or materials on or provided through the site, even if we have been advised of the possibility of such damages. In no event will our’s liability to you exceed the amounts that you paid to us in connection with your Japan Funbox membership. Applicable law may not allow the limitation of exclusion of liability or incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you.
In the event a product is listed at an incorrect price or with incorrect information due to typographical error or error in pricing or product information received from our suppliers, We shall have the right to refuse or cancel any orders placed for product listed at the incorrect price. We shall have the right to refuse or cancel any such orders whether or not the order has been confirmed and your credit card charged. If your credit card has already been charged for the purchase and your order is canceled, We shall immediately issue a credit to your credit card account in the amount of the charge.
We have no liability for injury or damage caused by products within the box. Such liability is the sole responsibility of the product brand or manufacturer.
These Terms are applicable to you upon your accessing the Site. These Terms, or any part of them, may be modified or terminated by us without notice at any time, for any reason. we reserve the right to limit discount codes to one per customer in its sole discretion. The provisions relating to Copyrights, Trademark, Disclaimer, Limitation of Liability, Indemnification, and Miscellaneous, shall in all events survive any termination of these Terms and your use of the Site.
Article 21 (Governing Law and Agreed Jurisdiction)
Japanese law shall govern the Terms of Service and separate terms.
If any dispute arises in relation to the Terms of Service or the separate terms, Osaka District Court shall be the agreed exclusive jurisdictional court of the first hearing.
Article 22 (Language)
If there is an inconsistency between the Japanese version of the terms and agreement and its translated version, the English language version applies.